[OpenSER-Users] query: how to deal with crazy clients

Wed Jul 11 10:53:20 CEST 2007

Hi!

I once again bother about a stupid SIP client which is misconfigured and
sending REGISTER messages like crazy to my SIP proxy (~20
requests/second). How do you deal with that stupid clients.

Manual blocking does not work as the client has dynamic IP addresses.

I once also tried the pike module but had problems to find out a proper
configuration (threshold value and sampling interval).

Further, I think blocking at IP level (e.g. openser injects iptable
rules) would be more useful.

I would be happy to hear how you handle such situations.