[OpenSER-Users] mk_proxy: could not resolve hostname

Pande, Piyush piyush.pande at NACT.com
Sat Jul 7 00:49:48 CEST 2007

Hi,

     I am new to SER and have been having this problem for a while
which I'm not sure how to resolve. Any pointers would be greatly
appreciated

     On the openser.cfg when I use the "forward" or the "send" calls
with an IP inside I see the following upon running openser ( Note I have
masked the real IP's)

    ./openser

Listening on

             udp: 208.xxx.xx.xx

             tcp: 208.xxx.xx.xx

WARNING: no fork mode

stateless - initializing

 0(0) Maxfwd module- initializing

textops - initializing

 0(0) AUTH module - initializing

 0(0) AUTH_DB module - initializing

 0(0) ERROR: mk_proxy: could not resolve hostname:
"sip:208.1xx.44.yy:5060"

ERROR: error -478 while trying to fix configuration

Anybody have any ideas? I have tried putting a DNS name to the IP
address as well but it comes back with the same error.

Regards

Piyush