[OpenSER-Users] The Via Header of CANCEL Message

fancy fancy at cht.com.tw
Wed Jul 4 08:37:28 CEST 2007

Hi Bogdan:

RFC3665 didn't mention any stateful or stateless
within all the document.
So I think it is just not covering it.

By the way, is openser a stateless proxy server?
I think it is a stateful proxy server!
Can I config it to be a pure stateless or stateful proxy server?

Thank you.

Best Regards,
Fangyu Ling

> Klaus,
>
> CANCEL is hop-by-hop only in stateful processing and in this case, yes,
> it has only on VIA. But if you have stateless processing, CANCEL is
> end-2-end and it will have multiple VIAs...
>
> Does 3665 obsoletes stateless SIP or it is just not covering it???
>
> regards,
> bogdan
>
> Klaus Darilion wrote:
>> Looks like it is defined clearly and openser is not 100% standard conform.
>>
>> regards
>> klaus
>>
>> fancy wrote:
>>
>>> Hi Klaus:
>>> RFC 3665 page 54 line 4:
Sorry it's RFC 3261 page 54 line 4:
>>>    A CANCEL constructed by a
>>>    client MUST have only a single Via header field value matching the
>>>    top Via value in the request being cancelled.
>>>
>>> and RFC 3665 at page 53:
Sorry it's RFC 3261 at page 53:
>>>    CANCEL is referred to as a "hop-by-hop" request, since it is
>>>    responded to at each stateful proxy hop.
>>>
>>> and RFC 3665 at page 21:
Sorry it's RFC 3261 at page 21: