[OpenSER-Users] FreeRADIUS-CDRTool Rel. 1.0

Dan-Cristian Bogos dan.bogos at gmail.com
Mon Jul 2 17:10:18 CEST 2007

All,

as a personal gratitude for all the efforts involved in opensource
projects, especially in OpenSER community, I would like to contribute
myself with a bit of code, investing in something I considered useful
for this community.

Hereby, I inform u that the first release of FreeRADIUS-CDRTool
connector module is available for download and use at sourceforge.net.
Project link: http://sourceforge.net/projects/frad-cdrtool/

Basically, FreeRADIUS-CDRTool is a FreeRADIUS module written in python
(therefore one might need to compile rlm_python in FreeRADIUS to make
it work), able to connect on CDRTool Engine via the Telnet socket (the
only way I found recommended by CDRTool folks) and perform different
actions via Prepaid API, like return maximum value for the call,
instruct CDRTool to lock accounts already in a call, instruct
unlocking at end of the call and balance debiting, etc. This module
should be used together with OpenSER radius authentication and
accounting.
If proper configured, FreeRADIUS-CDRTool can authorize calls for
CDRTool Prepaid users. At the starting of each call the module will
return the maximum call duration allowed, information which can be
processed later in a bbua scenario to timeout the calls reaching 0
balance, and total credit available at starting of the call, all
through SIP-AVP Radius Attributes.

I have tested the module in a Debian Linux environment, python2.4 and
FreeRADIUS 1.6, CDRTool version 5.1.4, on low call load.
I would not recommend yet using it in a production environment till we
get some stability feedback.

Have fun!

Kind regards,
DanB