[Users] tm:t_write_unix: write_to_unixsock failed

Peter Lemenkov lemenkov at gmail.com
Fri Jan 26 10:36:36 CET 2007

2007/1/16, Bogdan-Andrei Iancu <bogdan at voice-system.ro>:
> Hi Peter,
>
> do you get this error all the time?

Yes. Everytime I tried....

> have you tried on a different
> machine?

Yes. I tried also at Fedora Core 6 box and everything works fine.

> I guess the error is not related to SEMS specifically, as it is
> generated by "writev" in openser.
> any additional info will be helpful.

I've found the solution.
Using strace Isaw that OpenSER tried to allocate too many (doesn't
matte how many - this definitely an erroneous value) memory then tried
to write to unix-socket. Googling for similar bugs I've found that's a
known one with GCC 3.4.x and Glibc 2.3.x (not gentoo-specific as I
understand).

I didn't want to find out a solution for an ancient gcc and ancient
glibc, so I just upgraded them - the bug was gone...

--
With best regards!