[Users] Problem for using presence agent using MSN messenger

Wed Jan 24 11:44:36 CET 2007

1. Presence with MSN Messenger does not work with OPenser

2. There is Windows Messenger (is different to MSN Messenger) which
supports SIP based presence - at least with Microsoft LCS Server. For
sure it does not support end2end presence.

3. Openser CVS supports server based presence. It is known to work with
xlite/eyebeam. Maybe it works with Windows Messenger too.

regards
klaus

neil thomson wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> I have installed the openser server on linux machine. I followed the
> procedure given in the link
> http://www.openser.org/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=26&Itemid=56
>
> . The server is running fine, but when I try to connect a client (MSN
> messenger v 5.1) the subscribe message is failing. I have installed
> the mysql database also given in the website
> http://openser.org/pub/openser/latest/packages/rhel-3.0/ .
>
> The detailed steps I followed are given below.
>
> Thanks in advance,
> Neil

Klaus Darilion
nic.at