[Users] Support for T.38

Max Gregorian gregorian442 at googlemail.com
Sun Jan 21 02:15:14 CET 2007

Hi,

Does anyone know if OpenSER supports T.38 for Fax over IP?
Or has anyone managed to get it to work?

I did some quick tests and what I got was the destination Fax machine rang,
but the fax message did not arrive. I don't think the destination fax picked
up.

Setup was:

Fax (PC modem) -> IP Gateway -> OpenSER -> PSTN -> Fax machine

Is it possible the Fax tones are not being properly generated by OpenSER,
and so not being recognised by the Fax machine? (For reference, the Gateway
used is advertised as supporting T.38)