[Users] SipSAK with OpenSER

Bill Neely ceo at xantek.cc
Thu Jan 18 06:42:16 CET 2007

Received the following from Klaus a few weeks ago:

Does anybody have an example of how to use sipsak with openser. Does
openser call sipsak, or is it the other way around?

Xantek, Inc. wrote:

    I am sure this must have been covered somewhere, but I cannot find it.

    I am trying to get openser to register with username and password
and forward a call to that server. This is for outbound sip termination
to the PSTN. openser is a proxy thus basically openser can'T do that.

Now the good news. For registration at the termination provider you can
use sipsak. For sending authentication credentials to the termination
provider openser has the "uac" module. But be aware that this module
does not always works as it does not increase the cseq when sending the
INVITE with credentials (search the archive for details). E.g. the uac
module wont work if the termination providers uses Asterisk (as
Asterisk checks the cseq)

regards
klaus

--