[Users] Re: [Devel] ADDON: new nathelper parameter

Bogdan-Andrei Iancu bogdan at voice-system.ro
Wed Jan 17 16:27:30 CET 2007

Hi Alfred,

You are right that some rules should be followed to get interoperability.

That's why the default value is one that basically guarantee that. Only
if you really know what you are doing, you should start changing this
parameter.

I see a need to be able to control this param, mainly because in some
cases I really want to force rtpproxy on my platform, even if already
dome by other servers...and this because I really want to controll the
traffic. I having an automatic system to disable the proxy based on some
hdr is not something I want to have.

shortly, if people use the default cfg, nothing changes. For other
people, looking from more complex scenario, this param is what they need.

regards,
bogdan