[Users] presence module database tables

Cristian Caprar cristian.caprar at iquestint.com
Thu Jan 11 10:55:25 CET 2007

Hi,

I am having trouble creating the xcap_xml table of the new presence
module in mysql (latest 4.1.22 on RHEL 4).

The table definition from the docs is:

CREATE TABLE `xcap_xml` (
  `user` varchar(256) NOT NULL,
  `domain` varchar(256) NOT NULL,
  `xcap` text NOT NULL,
  `doc_type` varchar(64) NOT NULL,
  PRIMARY KEY  (`user`,`domain`,`doc_type`)
) ENGINE=MyISAM DEFAULT CHARSET=latin1;

I get the following error:
ERROR 1170 (42000): BLOB/TEXT column 'user' used in key specification
without a key length

In my opinion, the problem is the definition of the user and domain
columns, which are varchar(256), instead of varchar(255) and are
automatically promoted to text columns. If changing the size to 255,
everything is fine.

Does the presence db code do some length checks that can be affected by
this change? Is the table definition correct or am I missing something?

Thanks,
Cristian