[Users] Secure SIP messages

Steffen Witt witt.steffen at googlemail.com
Wed Jan 3 14:09:35 CET 2007

Hello,

I have a few questions about how to secure SIP messages...

IPSec or TLS can be used to guarantee privacy, integrity and
authenticity of transmitted data. But SIP is only payload/data for
these protocols.
Digest Authentication does only guarantee authenticity...
S/MIME seems to be interesting but I don't know any implementation in
a SIP client.

My questions:
- Is there any mechanism that prevents me from corrupting or faking
SIP messages?
- Is it possible to create a kind of binding between the certificates
used for TLS/IPSec and the SIP accounts?

Thanks for your answers...

Best regards,
Steffen