[Users] No memory left errors and Private Memory Size

Andreas Sikkema andreas at ramdyne.nl
Tue Jan 2 20:29:46 CET 2007

On Tuesday 02 January 2007 12:12, Max Gregorian wrote:
> I am seeing quite a few of these memory errors in the openser log
> file: *build_contact():
> No memory left*. These seem to be occurring when the UA tries to register
> with Openser. In the last instance I saw, this lasted almost half an hour
> before clearing up.
>
> So I guess what I am trying to find out really is:
>
> 1. Is this related to the Private memory size issue I remember reading
> about a while ago? I am using Openser 1.0.1 and so far have not messed with
> the default memory size settings from the sources I downloaded.

A colleague of mine thought the same when we encountered some problems with
our OpenSER machines when we wanted to restart OpenSER. What it turned out to
be was some buggy UA registering broken Contacts that "work", but when trying
to restart OpenSER can't load them from the database. Deleting all records
from the location table and then trying to start will work.

--
Andreas Sikkema