[Users] cross nat pinging

Marcus Hunger hunger at sipgate.de
Wed Feb 28 17:38:00 CET 2007

Hi Fatih,

you could spoof the natping's source-ip so it would apear to come from the
same host. I created a patch for that. It uses raw-sockets and works for me
on linux.

The patch is made against trunk. To use it, just set the udpping_from
parameter of module nathelper.

modparam("nathelper", "udpping_from" , "myhost:myport")

Feedback on this would be welcome.

Best regards,
Marcus

Marcus Hunger - hunger at sipgate.de
Telefon: +49 (0)211-63 55 55-61
Telefax: +49 (0)211-63 55 55-22

indigo networks GmbH - Gladbacher Str. 74 - 40219 Düsseldorf
HRB Düsseldorf 39841 - Geschäftsführer: Thilo Salmon, Tim Mois
Steuernummer: 133/5838/1589, Umsatzsteuer-ID: DE219349391

www.sipgate.de - www.sipgate.at - www.sipgate.co.uk