[Users] new MediaProxy release 1.8.2

Jeremy McNamara jj at nufone.net
Sun Feb 25 00:14:53 CET 2007

Adrian Georgescu wrote:
> Dear Jeremy,
>
> You are looking in the wrong place for clues why your setup isn't
> working and make wrong assumptions that confuse people on the mailing
> lists.

If this is the case, why are you not forthcoming with details?  Did you
not write this code?

I have obviously done everything as the documentation states, including
having the proper mysql python crap installed - I even tested it and it
works as expected.

Here is my mediaproxy.ini:

[Dispatcher]
start = yes
group = staff
socket = /var/run/proxydispatcher.sock
defaultProxy = /var/run/mediaproxy.sock

[MediaProxy]
start = yes
socket = /var/run/mediaproxy.sock
group = openser
allow = None
proxyIP = [the ip]
portRange = 60000:65000
TOS = 0xb8
idleTimeout = 60
holdTimeout = 3600
forceClose = 0

[Accounting]
accounting = database

[Database]
user = valid_user
password = valid_pass
host = localhost
database = openser
table = radacct

> The mysql and radius accounting are enabled in modules/accounting.py at
> lines 17 and 18
>
> from radius import *
> from mysql import *

As a test, if I provide invalid user/password information in the
[Database] section of mediaproxy.ini and start mediaproxy from the
tarball, I get absolutely no complaints that it could not login to mysql
- I get:

warning: accounting is enabled but the accounting module is missing.
accounting is not available!

However, the very INSTANT I uncomment the code starting at line 45 in
accounting.py and start mediaproxy with the invalid login/password, I
get a complaint stating the login to MySQL failed.

fatal: cannot connect to the MySQL server: Access denied for user
'ser'@'localhost' (using password: YES)
fatal: cannot continue. Exiting.

It is very obvious that the try block starting on line 45 in
accounting.py is very much required, yet it is commented out.

How do you explain that?

Care to retract your obviously false statement?

Jeremy McNamara