[Users] No logging. OpenSER on OpenBSD

Ben Ferguson - backcountry.com bferguson at backcountry.com
Thu Feb 22 01:08:14 CET 2007

I can't get any logging out of openSER for some reason.  I've tried using the log_facility setup via /etc/syslog.conf and i still cannot get any output.  What am I missing?

Here's the top of my openser.cfg file:

    debug=9            # debug level (cmd line: -dddddddddd)
    fork=yes
    log_stderror=yes   # (cmd line: -E)

    check_via=no    # (cmd. line: -v)
    dns=no          # (cmd. line: -r)
    rev_dns=no      # (cmd. line: -R)
    port=5060
    children=4
    sip_warning=yes
    #log_facility=LOG_LOCAL7

I've tried un-commenting that last line to correspond to my /etc/syslog.conf:

    # don't log messages with LOG_LOCAL7 in /var/log/syslog anymore
    *.*;auth,authpriv.none,local0.none              -/var/log/syslog

    #
    # log messages with LOG_LOCAL7 in /var/log/ser.log
    local7.*                        -/var/log/ser.log

What am i doing wrong?  Any ideas?

Thanks,
Ben