[Users] Aliases and attempts from UA's to register their aliases

Andreas Sikkema andreas.sikkema at bbeyond.nl
Thu Feb 15 17:11:53 CET 2007

Andreas,

> Not sure about the registration, but for allowing calls with
> different
> CLI then the auth-user, you could maintain a list of allowed CLIs per
> user in usr_preferences. Let's assume you store them as
> integer-avp 345,
> then something like this could work for invites:

I've never used AVP so far, so I'll have to ask some (possibly) newbie
questions ;-)

So I add to usr_preferences rows with the following contents?

user=A, domain=DOMAIN, attribute=345, type=integer, value=ALIAS_B,
ALIAS_C

Or multiple rows? But then I get into trouble with the primary key on
this table...

> # authenticate, load usr_preferences, then:
> if(!check_fom() && !avp_check("$fU", "eq/$avp(i:345/g")) {
>    sl_send_reply("403", "Invalid CLI");
> }
>
> The check could be modified for registers as well, of course.

Naturally, once the above works, I can do the same for handling the
INVITES

> And note
> that From is not the only way to transport CLIs, also check for
> P-Preferred/Asserted-Identity and Remote-Party-ID.

I know, but unfortunately I don't seem to have UA's that use these
methods a lot.

--
Andreas Sikkema                        BBeyond
Software Engineer                Planeetbaan 4