[Users] codec translation

Andreas Granig andreas.granig at inode.info
Thu Feb 15 11:09:22 CET 2007

Hi,

rtpproxy and mediaproxy do media-relaying and OpenSER does SIP routing.
Both have nothing to do with codecs, which are negotiated end-to-end. So
yes, OpenSER and rtpproxy/mediaproxy do support G729 in a sense that
they allow UACs to communicate with G729. If you want to transcode
between codecs (e.g. G711 <-> G729), you need - as Daniel already said -
a transcoder like Asterisk.

Andreas