[Users] 183 early media and NATed clients

Jeff Williams jeffw at globaldial.com
Tue Feb 13 01:47:19 CET 2007

Ovidiu Sas wrote:
> Hi Jeff,
>

> Why don't you try to fix the client?
Ideally that would be great, but I don't control all of the clients who
access our service. I was hoping that there would be a way to
transparently support these clients, but there doesn't appear to be. I'm
not going to sacrifice real early media for the sake of these clients.
> If you mess with 180/183 you will have issues with real early media
> scenarios.  For instance, if a subscriber is making a call into an IVR
> that is using early media (let's say a 1-800 number for a bank), the
> subscriber will not be able hear the IVR and therefore the call will
> always fail.
I had wondering whether a 180 with stuff up legitimate 183 early media.
I guess the answer is a resounding yes.

Thanks,
Jeff