[OpenSER-Users] [OpenSER-Devel] Preparing the release of OpenSER 1.3 "BlackCat"

Sergio Gutierrez saguti at gmail.com
Thu Dec 13 13:52:43 CET 2007

Hi Bogdan.

I confirm the successful compilation of the new release on Solaris 10 x86,
both, simple and with TLS enabled.

I used the same patches I submitted.

My setup is:

Solaris 10 on i386
GCC 3.4.3
MySQL 5.0.22
Openssl-0.9.8g
Radiusclient 0.5.2

You can find attached; they match mostly with the ones reported in SPARC. I
used the same gmake command, excluded the same modules.

There are a couple tips I have used on Solaris whenever I have compiled and
used OpenSER:

1. Built-in perl can not be used when compiling OpenSER with GCC; it is
necessary to compile another version, using the same GCC.

2. For running OpenSER, it is necessary to define the environment variable
pointing to the libraries located at LOCALBASE/lib

3. It is mandatory to use GNU make; compilation fails with make included
into SUNWsprot. The package SUNWgmake can be used, but the directory
/usr/sfw/bin has to be set before than  /usr/ccs/bin at PATH

Please let me know if there is something else I can help.

Best regards:

Sergio Gutierrez
EPM Telecomunicaciones
Medellin Colombia