[OpenSER-Users] Preparing the release of OpenSER 1.3 "BlackCat"

Bogdan-Andrei Iancu bogdan at voice-system.ro
Wed Dec 12 18:35:49 CET 2007

Hi,

As scheduled, tomorrow will be the official release of OpenSER version 1.3.

NAME
=====

Following the proposal and the feedback from the lists, we will start to
label each major version number with a name - it is more friendly . Note
that the version numbering will still be the primary ID.

OpenSER 1.3 will be named "BlackCat".

CODE
=====

As far as I checked the lists and tracker, all the critical and
important bugs were fixed. No pending issues, as far as I know.

Tomorrow I will run some compiling tests on several arch and OS to see
if any warning is reported.
PS: does anybody offer some access on SUN+SOLARIS ?

As there are only a small number of pending changes on SVN (warnings and
docs), probably in the afternoon, the 1.3 branch will be created.

DOCS
=====

The module documentation is up to date, thanks to the policy of
synchronization between the code and doc updates. Just in case,  I will
re-generate all the text READMEs from the SGML files.

Thanks to Henning, the changelog and Credits files were updated on SVN.

Thanks to Daniel, we have a start for the the "New Features" document
(see http://www.openser.org/dokuwiki/doku.php/sandbox:new-in-1.3.x). The
idea will be to have it finalized y tomorrow and imported in the web
pages (openser.org and SF).

There will be a need for a overview of the "INSTALL" helper in order to
be updated for 1.3 (maybe the DB part only).

I suggest to put together all the docs from openser and upload them also
on SF - of course this is not a priority, it can be done later, in the
following days.

TARBALLS
========

Tarballs with sources and binaries (linux i386) will be uploaded on
openser.org and SF sites. Of course after the creation of the new 1.3
branch on SVN. Any other contributions (binaries of other OSs or archs)
are welcomed - just send an email to team at openser.org .

PACKAGES
========

After the official release, specs will be updated (if not yet) and
packages will be generated. Please help with this process and let us
know if you can generate any packages. Again use the lists or
team at openser.org emails.
I will generate the debian packages (unstable, stable, testing). The
stable package will be also pushed on the openser.org APT repo.

SITES UPDATES

Both openser.org and SF sites need to be updated for with news, docs,
downloads, etc. This probably will take couple of days.

Please let me know if there is something missing in the above list.
Otherwise, if people are able and willing with some of the tasks, again,
just let me know.

Otherwise, have the champaign on cold for tomorrow ;)...

Regards,
Bogdan