[OpenSER-Users] how does fix_nated_register() work?

Daniel Grotti d.grotti at gmail.com
Tue Dec 4 15:13:20 CET 2007

Hi all,
I have a user behind NAT with address : sip:userA at 192.168.10.210:42276.
When user send REGISTER, the proxy checks if user is behind NAT. If it
is, proxy makes:

fix_nated_register();
force_rport();
setbflag(6).

When I check what kind of address proxy has saved on LOCATION database,
I see at Contact column:  sip:userA at IP_NAT:42276.
So proxy mantains the same Port of the user and doesn't save the NAT's
IP:PORT pair. Why?
In this way, in fact, proxy is not able to keep connection alive.

Regards,
daniel