[OpenSER-Users] cvs co -r rel_0_9_ sip_router < Installation failure>

Henning Westerholt henning.westerholt at 1und1.de
Fri Aug 31 09:59:35 CEST 2007

On Friday 31 August 2007, Adeyeye O. Michael wrote:
> Hi,
> Please see below for my terminal  output. First, I installed SER using
> sudo apt-get install ser, it indicated that it was working but no call
> was accepted by it. I saw SIP register via wireshark. THen I removed it
> and tried this second way.
>
> Now I tried installing from source also but appears futile. Some files
> are missing like deamonize.d???? ANY WAY OUT PLEASE??
>

> *TERMINAL SCREEN OUTPUT*
>
> micadeyeye at asmicom:/usr/src/sip_router$ ls
> [..]
> Makefile.rules:88: cfg.tab.d: No such file or directory

Hello,

this error messages indicates that you're using a really old version of SER/
OpenSER. You should consider using a recent release, e.g. the 1.2 stable
branch. If you have question regarding the installation of SER, the lists at
iptel.org are the right place to ask.

> bison -d -b cfg cfg.y
> make: bison: Command not found

Bison is missing, just install it.