[OpenSER-Users] Problem with Media for the proxies making calls

Kaeman Chris kaemanchris at yahoo.co.in
Thu Aug 30 15:52:27 CEST 2007

 Hello,

 I am having problem with Media - for one scenario;

 This scenario works for signaling and media both;

 softphone --> openser --> proprietory softswitch

 Caller                 Via                    Called     Status    Duration  Codec    Type

 Traffic

 --------
 softphoneIP:port - openserIP:port - softswitchIP:port active     0'08" g711  Audio

 0/0/0

 Total traffic:  0bps/0bps/0bps (in1/in2/out)
 Session count:  1
 Proxy version:  1.9.0

 This scenario give PROBLEMS with MEDIA whereas signaling works OK:

 softphone --> proprietory softswitch --> openser --> proprietory softswitch

 Below is the output of /usr/local/mediaproxy/sessions.py which shows the called media ip is not seen by openser which results into no audio..

 Caller                 Via                    Called     Status    Duration  Codec    Type

 Traffic

 --------
 spftswitchIP:11920 - openserIP:60008 - ?.?.?.?  inactive     0'05"  Unknown  Audio

 0/0/0

 Total traffic:  0bps/0bps/0bps (in1/in2/out)
 Session count:  1
 Proxy version:  1.9.0

 Here the above called party media shows ? which is the problem.

 Where i should look as the problem? Please help me. thanks!

 Kchris