[OpenSER-Users] How do I re-write from_uri

Norman Brandinger norm at goes.com
Sat Aug 18 16:12:58 CEST 2007

Perhaps the "uac_replace_from()" function is what you are looking for.

Note
that modifying the "From:" header is NOT allowed by the standards.  Please review
the mailing lists in regard to this topic as it's been discussed many times.

OpenSER
gives you enough control to "shoot yourself in the foot".  It it possible to create
a configuration that can solve your "internal business situation" but might cause
interoperability problems with others.

Regards,
Norm

> Hi Norm,
>
> Thanks for the quick response.
>
> I was
able to use s.substr to perform the string transformations and I got
> the correct value.
However, what I am really trying to do is to actually
> re-write the PV ($fU) with the
result of s.substr.

> For example, I want ($fU) be assigned the value
$(fU{s.substr,3,0}); and

Norman Brandinger <norm at goes.com> wrote:

>> Take a look at the
following documentation. Take special note of 'substr'

http://openser.org/dokuwiki/doku.php/transformations:1.2.x

>> Regards,

>> Norm
>>

>> > Hi all,
>> >

>> > I am trying to re-write the from_uri ($fU) for all calls coming from my
>> > Asterisk server before sending it to the PSTN. I usually prefix the ANI
>> in
>> > asterisk with "222" to route it to openser, and then
openser simply
>> > forwards the call to the PSTN. The problem is that 222+ANI
appears as my

>> > caller id and is unacceptable. Can anyone give me
hint to strip out this