[OpenSER-Users] rtpproxy

Kent Poppenhouse kent.poppenhouse at motorola.com
Thu Aug 16 18:58:35 CEST 2007

I have a question about the nathelper module.  specifically the
rtpproxy_disable_tout, rtpproxy_retr, and rtpproxy_tout parameters.  I have
openser running on one machine and rtpproxy on another.  Everything works great
if the rtpproxy is up and running before starting openser.  However, if
rtpproxy is not running first, openser never connects to it.  I set the
following parameters in my openser config file:

# -- nat params --
modparam("nathelper", "rtpproxy_sock", "udp:10.100.103.1:8899")
modparam("nathelper", "rtpproxy_disable_tout", 30)
modparam("nathelper", "rtpproxy_tout", 2)
modparam("nathelper", "rtpproxy_retr", 10)

based on this I would think openser would try to connect to the rtpproxy 10
times with a 2 sec timeout.  If after 10 retries no connection is made, it
would wait 30 s before attempting to connect again.  Is this correct?  If so,
what am I missing since it doesn't do this.  I'm using openser version 1.2.0.
Thanks.