[OpenSER-Users] Conference

Dan-Cristian Bogos dan.bogos at gmail.com
Thu Aug 9 10:05:38 CEST 2007

Hi there Amit,

the conference is pretty easily obtainable in SIP. There can be more
ways of doing it.

1. Use a B2BUA style software to set up a conference bridge. Here
there are more options: Asterisk, SEMS, Yate. All those softwares are
doing conference bridges.
2. Use a client capable small conference room (usually 2-3
participants) and bridge all the sessions there.
3. Use some muticast technology, which is not so wide supported.

>From all the solutions I prefer the first one. This involves setting
up your own B2BUA software on some host and then forward all the
requests to a particular number which u define as conference number to
that host.

OpenSER by itself has not conference capability implemented, but if
are keen of doing it here SEAS and PERL modules could be a loot help.

With regards,
Dan Bogos