[Users] presence: dealing with publish

Anca-Maria Vamanu anca at voice-system.ro
Thu Apr 19 14:11:45 CEST 2007

Hi,

Presence server works according to the specifications in RFC 3903.
If it received a Publish message with no  SIP-If-Match header, it stores
a new record and generates a E-Tag which is inserted in 200OK reply.
When a refreshing publish with a SIP-If-Match header, it checks if it
has a record with that etag. If a match is found it updates the expires
time and eventualy the presece state info, if the message has body.
Otherwise, if not etag match it replies with  412 (Conditional Request
Failed) and stops processing that request.

regards,

Anca Vamanu