[Users] rtpproxy - ICMP unreacheable host

Amanda Mattiuz amattiuz at gmail.com
Wed Apr 4 15:43:43 CEST 2007

Thanks for your reply...

I don't understand exactly "lso note that first you need incoming RTP
(from client to RTPproxy) in order to be able to send RTP behind the nat."

Checking the traffic with ethereal in the server (rtproxy and openser are
running on the same machine for the moment), I can see that bothe clients
are sending packets, but then when rtpproxy routes them to the onthr client,
I see "ICMP unreacheable host" for both sides.....

I will check the client more carefully to be sure it is synmetric...

Thanks again!!!!

On 4/3/07, Bogdan-Andrei Iancu <bogdan at voice-system.ro> wrote:

> Hi Amanda,
>
> be sure the devices are symmetric from RTP point of view - otherwise the
> traversal will not work. Also note that first you need incoming RTP
> (from client to RTPproxy) in order to be able to send RTP behind the nat.
>
> regards,
> bogdan
>
> Amanda Mattiuz wrote:
> > Hello!
> >

> > I'm using rtpproxy to handle NAT, but right now I have problems of
> > unreacheable host... I believe client's firewalls are blocking UDP
> > traffic coming from the proxy ... I tried to change port range and
> > nothing seem to make it  work...
> >
> > I was wondering if any of you kows something that may fix it....
> >
> > Thanks
> >
> > --

Amanda Remes Mattiuz
amattiuz at gmail.com