[Users] Can I avoid password openser.cfg ?

Bogdan-Andrei Iancu bogdan at voice-system.ro
Thu Sep 28 12:13:21 CEST 2006

Atle Samuelsen wrote:

>>>Is it possible to use include a file? and keep the passwords there?
>>>If you have a problem, you would like to share the real code, but with passwords in it, it is difficulty.
>>>

>>the cfg file does not support an "include" directive - you can use M4 for this purpose, but  guess it will not help in your case, as the generated cfg file will contain the passwd.
>>I think the only solution is to set restrictive "read" permission on the file.
>>

>What about dropping the password in the config file, and rather put them
>directly in the config.h file for *ser ? (or what ever that file is
>called ...)
>then he wouldBnt need to have the database config in the config file
>at all :)

yes, it's about the config.h file
    #define DEFAULT_DB_URL "mysql://openser:openserrw@localhost/openser"

and

    #define DEFAULT_RODB_URL "mysql://openserro:openserro@localhost/openser"

it is a solution, but is not quite flexible as you need to
recompile/reinstall each time you change the passwd :).

regards,
bogdan