[openser] Re: [Users] t_on_failure does not work for me

Jeremie Le Hen jeremie at le-hen.org
Tue Sep 26 23:21:33 CEST 2006

Hi Bogdan-Andrei,

thank your for your quick and clear answer.

On Tue, Sep 26, 2006 at 11:05:09PM +0300, Bogdan-Andrei Iancu wrote:
> append_hf() adds an hdr to a request and not to a reply - see docs
> (textops module). For you purpose, use append_to_reply() in failure_route.

I admit I have neglected to look closely at the documentation, but
in my humble opinion, the name is misleading.  It sounds as a general
way to append a header field, without suggesting it only work for
a request.  I guess there is an historical reason for this, but
what is the technival reason for not making it work for the replies ?

Furthermore, the append_hf() function is described as being usable
in REQUEST_ROUTE, ONREPLY_ROUTE, FAILURE_ROUTE and BRANCH_ROUTE ?
If it does naught on replies, what's the point of using it in
ONREPLY_ROUTE and FAILURE_ROUTE ?

Thank you very much.
Best regards,
--