[Users] trusted IP with accounting

Max Gregorian gregorian442 at googlemail.com
Sat Sep 23 01:39:01 CEST 2006

Not sure how you would do this on Asterisk, but what I am doing with mine
(billing by IP) is replacing the from header in the SIP INVITE with a
pre-paid account number for the customer. You will need to load the UAC
module for this, then do something like

if (src_ip=xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx)
{
  uac_replace_from("sip:PREPAIDACCTNO at foobar.com");
}

This means that any calls made inbound to OpenSER from that IP address will
have the account number replaced with the pre-paid account number. How you
do billing is then up to you - whether using the Acc module or whether
something can be done on Asterisk, or even a third-party application. I have
heard Asterisk can send DIDs. You can then do something similar for inbound
DIDs from Asterisk.

Just beware this has some rather obvious security issues, so as a start, you
can try having the customer add a prefix to their local account numbers
which you can then authenticate against. If anyone knows of a better way,
please don't hesitate to share.