[Users] uri:host

Ramin Dousti dousti at gmail.com
Wed Sep 20 23:27:03 CEST 2006

On 9/20/06, Juha Heinanen <jh at tutpro.com> wrote:
> Ramin Dousti writes:
>
>  > I get a message destined for user at somedoamin.com, I need to be able to
>  > determine the host for that domain, depending on what the host is I need to
>  > use either TCP or UDP, besides let's say, somedomain.com resolves to
>  > two IP addresses, I also need to try the first IP and if it fails (IP
>  > connectivity-wise) then I try the second one.
>
> try configuring your dns (srv records) accordingly.  that should be all
> you need to do.

Hi Juha,

Well, I set up NAPTR and SRV records for two proxy hosts with the same
weight. What I'm seeing is that the resolution of the NAPTR/SRV/A records
is hapening correctly, meaning that it recognizes the protocol that I want it
to use, it recognizes the port that I want it to use and it correctly finds the
correct IP address; but there is no failover at all. If IP1 is inaccessible the
transaction terminates with a failure. What knobs should I be adjusting for
it to try the second IP during the original transaction?

Thanks for the help.

Ramin