[Users] Freeradius dictionary additions..

nick nick at mobilia.it
Tue Sep 5 12:05:07 CEST 2006

Bogdan-Andrei Iancu wrote:
> as probably you are using libradiusclient-ng libraries on the RADIUS
> client side (required by openser), you need to copy the sip dictionary
> to the RADIUS server also.
>
> regards,
> bogdan
>
> nick wrote:
>
>> Bogdan-Andrei Iancu wrote:
>>
>>> Hi Nick,
>>>
>>> this attribute and its values are defined in the default radius
>>> dictionary provided by the libradiusclient library.
>>>
>>> regards,
>>> bogdan
>>
>> The problem is, when you're doing the testing, you're not actually
>> using the libradiusclient-ng libraries.. youre using radiusclient
>> (from the freeradius package) and radiusd only..
>>
>> so the methods remain undefined.

I copied the dictionary.radius from the openser install, but for use by
itself (without the attributes defined by radiusclient-ng) it won't work...

When it's in production, the radiusclient-ng library is also included,
so the attributes are properly defined. The problem is during testing,
unless you use the dictionary on the How To page, you'll be missing
attributes.

these are the attributes defined in the example on the page:

ATTRIBUTE Sip-Method                   101  integer    # Schulzrinne, acc
ATTRIBUTE Sip-Response-Code            102  integer    # Schulzrinne, acc
ATTRIBUTE Sip-Cseq                     103  string     # Schulzrinne, acc
ATTRIBUTE Sip-To-Tag                   104  string     # Schulzrinne, acc
ATTRIBUTE Sip-From-Tag                 105  string     # Schulzrinne, acc
ATTRIBUTE Sip-Translated-Request-URI   107  string     # Proprietary, acc
ATTRIBUTE Sip-Src-IP                   108  string     # Proprietary, acc
ATTRIBUTE Sip-Src-Port                 109  string     # Proprietary, acc
ATTRIBUTE Digest-Response      206  string     # Sterman, auth_radius
ATTRIBUTE Sip-Uri-User         208  string     # Proprietary, auth_radius
ATTRIBUTE Sip-Group            211  string     # Proprietary, group_radius
ATTRIBUTE Sip-Rpid             213  string     # Proprietary, auth_radius
ATTRIBUTE SIP-AVP              225  string     # Proprietary, avp_radius
ATTRIBUTE Digest-Realm                1063  string     # Sterman,
auth_radius
ATTRIBUTE Digest-Nonce                1064  string     # Sterman,
auth_radius
ATTRIBUTE Digest-Method               1065  string     # Sterman,
auth_radius
ATTRIBUTE Digest-URI                  1066  string     # Sterman,
auth_radius
ATTRIBUTE Digest-QOP                  1067  string     # Sterman,
auth_radius
ATTRIBUTE Digest-Algorithm            1068  string     # Sterman,
auth_radius
ATTRIBUTE Digest-Body-Digest          1069  string     # Sterman,
auth_radius
ATTRIBUTE Digest-CNonce               1070  string     # Sterman,
auth_radius
ATTRIBUTE Digest-Nonce-Count          1071  string     # Sterman,
auth_radius
ATTRIBUTE Digest-User-Name            1072  string     # Sterman,
auth_radius

These are the attributes defined in the dictionary.radius

ATTRIBUTE Sip-Uri-User         208  string     # Proprietary, auth_radius
ATTRIBUTE Sip-Group            211  string     # Proprietary, group_radius
ATTRIBUTE Sip-Rpid             213  string     # Proprietary, auth_radius
ATTRIBUTE SIP-AVP              225  string     # Proprietary, avp_radius

As I said, this is not a problem during production, but it is a problem
during testing, as the radiusclient-ng dictionary is not included...