[Users] Mediaproxy with t38

Leonid Fainshtein LFAIN at ipgear.net
Tue Sep 5 08:59:53 CEST 2006

Pavel,
I think you have to check if your VoIP gateways can send UDPTL
"no-signal" messages. Sometimes the caller gateway doesn't send any
messages until it receives CED from callee. Because of that neither
MediaProxy nor RTPProxy can't complete the ip/port binding for the media
session.
Also, check which ports are used for UDPTL session. If they are differ
from the ports that were used during the previous voice (RTP) session
than you probably have to re-establish mediaproxy session. At least it
is true for RTP Proxy that I use. For example, I call
unforce_rtp_proxy() and then force_rtp_proxy() on each re-INVITE. To be
honest, I  have never tried the MediaProxy but I suppose that it works
in the similar way like the RTP Proxy.

Best regards,
Leonid Fainshtein
Product Manager
IP Gear Ltd., a division of Qualmax
"Get your VoIP network "In Gear" with Claro gateways from IP Gear"

e-mail: LFAIN at ipgear.net
Tel: +972-4-9907-525
Fax: +972-4-9990-334
www.ipgear.net