[Users] Need help for openser admin installation

Ferianto siregar ferianto_voip at yahoo.com
Sun Sep 3 04:45:10 CEST 2006

Dear all,
Thanks to every body in this forum. Thank you very much
I tried to build openser admin in my openser server. But, I am confused when i try to read the installation note. I do hope anybody can help me to understand it. These are my questions about it:
1. As I read, the openser admin need ruby packet. For installation of ruby, after we untar the packet, does we just type "gem mysql install" command?Because as i read from the installation openser admin, there are only this command.
2. When I try to build the openser admin, i got the error message. Here is the message :

ERROR 1064 (42000): You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the

manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right

syntax to use near 'VIEW usr_preferences_view AS SELECT id, username,

domain, attribute, type AS att' at line 1

As I read from the message in this mailinglist before, this is because of the mysql version.
I use mysql 3. Do i need use mysql 5? Where I can get the suitable varsion?

That all my question. I do hope any body can help me.
Thank you very much.

Regards,

Ferianto