[Users] New presence server: immediate NOTIFY missing

Franz Edler franz.edler at inode.at
Mon Oct 30 06:40:19 CET 2006

Hello,

many thanks to all developers of the new presence server. It’s a great
enhancement to OpenSER.

As a small contribution from my side I did some tests with Eyebeam clients.
Now I found, that the immediate NOTIFY according to RFC3265 § 3.1.6.2 is
missing.

To document the behaviour I have attached a trace-file from the server.
Frame 6 contains a SUBSCRIBE request which is not confirmed with an
immediate NOTIFY request. The first NOTIFY is sent only four minutes later
after the first presence state change of the presentity occurred (frame 30).

Cheers
Franz