[Users] OpenSER not working after running for several days

Papadopoulos Georgios geop at altectelecoms.gr
Fri Oct 20 09:30:37 CEST 2006

Hi Richard,

This is a very interesting discussion. However I don't think our
situations are similar. Just to make it clear, in your case, did OpenSER
slow down or stop working at all? Was it something that happened
gradually?

In my case, it runs fine for several days. There are no delays, no
slowing down of any kind. Then suddenly it stops responding. There is no
script change, nothing at all. Actually most of the times it happened
during the night when there is nobody around "playing" with DNS, network
settings  etc. So what could be causing this?

Can I set up some sort of logging that will help find the cause of this?
I have no clue what kind of information I should be logging. Most of my
troubleshooting is done with ngrep. I could redirect this to a log file,
but with the volume of traffic that we have, a few hours would be enough
to fill the disk.

thank you for any help

George

Disclaimer
The information in this e-mail and any attachments is confidential. It is intended solely for the attention and use of the named addressee(s). If you are not the intended recipient, or person responsible for delivering this information to the intended recipient, please notify the sender immediately. Unless you are the intended recipient or his/her representative you are not authorized to, and must not, read, copy, distribute, use or retain this message or any part of it. E-mail transmission cannot be guaranteed to be secure or error-free as information could be intercepted, corrupted, lost, destroyed, arrive late or incomplete, or contain viruses.