[Users]Can OpenSER uses same TCP session from the registration in some TLS case?

Fri Oct 20 08:43:54 CEST 2006

Pat wang wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am working on the TLS with OpenSER and I found an something
> interesting. If an INVITE received by OpenSER with a Request-URI of the
> client AOR then OpenSER proxy the request via the same TCP session
> established during registration. If the INVITE has a Request-URI of the
> client's contact URI then OpenSER start a new TCP session.
>
> For example:
> One Eyebeam registers with AOR as: user1 at tlstest.com and has a contact
> URI of user1 at 192.168.100.1. When an INVITE contains a RURI as

the contact must be at least user1 at 192.168.100.1;transport=TLS, and
usually also a port is specified.

Thus I guess it happens as you directly dial the contact without
transport parameter and port.

regards
klaus

PS: Of course a dump would help:

"ngrep -W byline -t port 5060"

if you use TLS use port 5061 and use the NULL encryption schema in TLS
settings.