[Users] OpenSER not working after running for several days

Max Gregorian gregorian442 at googlemail.com
Thu Oct 19 18:52:17 CEST 2006

I was merely making the point that seemingly openser-related problems are
not always to do with openser itself, as in the past whenever restarting
openser has failed, I have always assumed it was an entry I may have
mistakenly changed in the openser config.

I then came to realise this was not always the case when I started making
backup copies of my openser configs and after reverting back to them still
could not get openser to restart. It then became apparent that there were
other (external) factors or conditions which could affect openser
restarting or, in general, simply slow it down as reported above. To make an
exhaustive list of all these factors would be a futile exercise,
nevertheless, it is something worth bearing in mind and certainly something
to bring to the attention of others experiencing similar problems.

Once we all understand the interaction between Openser and these external
elements we can then more effectively diagnose these type of problems.