[Users] presence agent?

Wed Oct 18 12:17:07 CEST 2006

Cesc wrote:
> And msn messenger 4.7? i tried succesfully to setup voice calls ...
> would presence work?

You mean Windows Messenger I guess - MSN Messenger is not SIP.

IIRC Windows Messenger 4.7 (which does not work with SP2) hat end-2-end
presence. This worked between Windows Messengers more or less.

AFAIK Windows Messenger 5.0 uses server based presence which works with
the LCS server.

Thus, being compatible with WM5.0/LCS would be cool. But maybe the IM in
WM5.0 also requires MS SIP extensions like NTLM authentication ...

regards
klaus