[Users] polycom on hold, IN IP4 0.0.0.0 and force_rtp_proxy()

Benko benkokakao at gmail.com
Fri Oct 13 19:47:08 CEST 2006

Hello!

I'm having a issue with NAT and rtpproxy. Usually my setup works fine
with natted clients, the Connection Information is overwritten with the
IP of the rtpproxy and audio passes through in both directions.
However, today i came across a problem where the Polycom 501 sets a
outgoing ip of 0.0.0.0 instead of the private ip after resuming a call
that was on hold(actually, the other party is invited again) - and the
force_rtp_proxy ()-command on openser left the ip untouched instead of
overwriting it with the rtpproxy-ip. As a result the person that was on
hold had audio but the polycom user(with the "wrong" ip) hadn't.

The false ip left aside, is it expected behaviour of force_rtp_proxy to
not touch 0.0.0.0?

Just out of curiosity - does someone know the "on hold"-problem with
polycoms?

thx
christian