[Users] ACK and re-INVITE ordering

Bogdan-Andrei Iancu bogdan at voice-system.ro
Thu Nov 30 10:52:54 CET 2006

Hi Jerome,

I this this is an interesting solution to the problem.

1) use the dialog module ; we can add a function to access the dialog
state from the script.
2) when receiving a re-INVITE, if dialog state is NOT-ACKed, drop the
request - the delay between re-INVITE and ACK should not be too long (as
there were 2 requests going in the same direction, generated in reversed
order), so 2, maximum 3 retransmission cycles should cover it up.

At least you can run some test to see what is the average delay between
re-INVITE and ACK to get an idea what you should expect for.

regards,
bogdan