[Serusers] Re: [Users] TM : retransmission timers

Kim Il kim_il_s at yahoo.com
Wed Nov 29 23:05:28 CET 2006

this is getting more and more confusing. The one side says this is a bug, the other says it is a feature. I will try to summarize my understanding till now:
*  openser claims that they improved something and the ser guys say this fix is useless. Daniel, Bogdan could you plesase  explain what is really behind this improvement (Sorry Weiter, but your explanation is far from being sufficient).
* The ser guys show that openser is inferior to ser but Bogdan replies this is on purpose (because otherwise a strange race situation can occur which Andrei tells us is negligable).
* I will not get into the history discussion -which I have already touched in previous mails, let alone those mails about respect and the other stuff I could not really see how they relate to this discussion.
I would really appreciate if these points were clarified -I have the impression the ball is now with Daniel and Bogdan. So plesse Bogdan do not hold to your one mail policy and help clarifying this and provide a bit more of details on the improvements of openser to core and tm.

I believe Andrei has made a good suggestion that it is in the interest of the entire community to cooperate and divide the areas of interest. By combining the great work the openser guys have done in the area of documentation and featutres with the work of ser in the area of core we will all get an even better ser/openser.
I am afraid though that while this is surely in the interest of the community this might not be in the interest of the commercial entities behind the projects.

Finally I fully agree with all of the voices that have asked to be polite and concentrate on the technical aspects of the dicussion.  I find it most destressing that in an environment that is based on cooperation for the benefit of all that an effort aiming at informing the community is faced with such remarks and sarcastic attitude.

best regards