[Users] Server and 1 client behind NAT

lambros21 at netscape.net lambros21 at netscape.net
Wed Nov 29 11:25:21 CET 2006

Apologies if you get this twice - i sent it yesterday and it seems that it did not come to the list.

I am trying to find out whether the following scenario is feasible:

Openser server behind NAT with 5060 forwarded to the box
Client 1 behind NAT (different network than the server) - could have ports statically forwarded to it if need be
Client 2 on public IP (good news here).

I want Client 1 to be able to register with the server to start with.
Also, Client 1 has to be able to call Client 2 (the reverse is not really required but
it is probably easier to facilitate) with RTP data flowing directly between he two.

It seems a difficult scenario.
I know that it may be possible to use intermediaries (e.g. mediaproxy) but
i do not want RTP traffic to go through the server.

Any ideas or pointers to functions / config files.

Regards,
Lambros