[Users] Couple of usagequestions (trunking/alias, )

Bogdan-Andrei Iancu bogdan at voice-system.ro
Tue Nov 28 21:24:47 CET 2006

Andreas Sikkema wrote:

>>do you want to have this multiple-DIDs aliasing for inbound or outbound
>>calls (a single user to be able to received calls routed to these DIDs
>>or a single user to be able to generated outbound calls using any of the
>>assigned DIDs) ?
>>

>Both actually ;-), if at all possible. I want to be able to offer my customers
>multiple numbers using a single account where the customer doesn't have to
>configure each destination number in his/her CPE. I really want to
>authenticate as much as possible so I know I can "trust" the information
>coming back from the CPE and don't have to worry about that in the rest of my
>system.

For inbound calls it is rather simple - just use aliases to map the DIDs
over the username.
The problem is for outbound calls - the issue is how the user may choose
the outbound DID. here you can do several tricks:
       1) use RPID to advertise the selected DID - user selects the
outgoing DID via an interface on the proxy
       2) user change the the CPE cfg to use a specific DID in FROM hdr,
but maintaining constant the auth username to be able to do auth.

regards,
bogdan