[Serusers] Re: [Users] TM : retransmission timers

samuel samu60 at gmail.com
Tue Nov 28 16:19:38 CET 2006

> > o4)decentralised developers
>
> What do you mean by this point: are you afraid that all the SER or OpenSER
> developers are striked out by an atomic nuke?

I hope not!! What I was trying to mention is that openSER is getting
contribution from many different developers while SER is lately
getting code from people from iptel.
This means that openser has many scatered people around with enough
knowledge to develop extensions and this guarantees the continuation
of the project even if some developer can not working on it anymore.
This point gives the project a futureproof perception...
It also means that several people with really good knowledge on the
project are using it for different purpouses, different scenarios,
different use cases, different deployments, etc... and they can come
up with new extensions and bugs...

This point is related to the user's community and the documentation,
and that is why in my initial list I even mentioned them even before
the technical ones. Providing good documentation and listening to the
users has proved to be one the best ways to get really good open
source projects.

I hope I have explained better now,
Samuel.

P.D. Let weapons out of this discussions, bitte!!!!!