[Users] Can't replace duplicate c= lines in SDP

Bogdan-Andrei Iancu bogdan at voice-system.ro
Mon Nov 27 19:22:44 CET 2006

Hi Jerome,

this is a topic that was debated couple of times. according to the SDP
RFC, the connection information (c=) can exists both in session
description (s= section ) and in media description (m= section). This
because a session may contain several media description and if the c= in
media is not specify, the one from session is used.

It looks lie the Cisco GW sets both c= (in session and media
description) - it is redundant, but correct (c= in media has priority
over the one in media description). Nathelper changes only the one to be
used - If present, the one from media, otherwise the one from session
section.

If from some reasons, the other party  is buggy and looks for c= in
session (even if C= is present in media part), you should try to use the
"c" flag for force_rtp_proxy():
    http://www.openser.org/docs/modules/1.2.x/nathelper.html#AEN275

regards,
bogdan