[Users] OpenSer and Asterisk

Marnus van Niekerk m at mjvn.net
Fri Nov 17 15:12:21 CET 2006

> The easier method is to authenticate SIP requests at the proxy and use
> a trust relationship between the proxy and the voicemail server. If
> you define your proxy as a peer in * sip.conf, then * will only accept
> SIP requests from your proxy.
Thank you, but I think I found another way of doing this as well.

In * sip.conf I changed the realm to "vm.dom.tld" and in openSer
openser.cfg I check for INVITES with that realm in the Proxy-Auth header
and send them straight back to * with rewritehostport.

This works and has the advantage that * still authenticates all peers
which allows our peers to call into the voicemail box without a
voicemail password.