Fw: [Users] TM : retransmission timers

Weiter Leiter bp4mls at googlemail.com
Thu Nov 9 13:42:29 CET 2006

Common user barely has time to meet his boss requirements, rather than
playing around with different scenarios, platforms, environments.

I only read one email where Daniel stated that OpenSER now performs a whole
much better while loading users from database. SER guys put no figure out
yet, neither bare numbers nor comparisons. I'm just really curious to see
how both servers perform, that's all.

Even though I must maintain my SER, I kinda like OpenSER's faster releases
and developers' responsiveness (that I shamelessly exploit for the common
code left there :-), which is pretty much nonexistent with iptel (at least
this is the general belief here at OpenSER). But about this I'll probably
have to fight on SER's mailing list. I still wish that one day I won't have
to compare features; heck, NetSER and FreeSER are still available ;-).

WL.

PS. Maybe regretfully, I haven't seen any iptel booth at von this year,
while OpenSER guys put up a nice show. My congrats.