[Users] Difference between method and is_method

Daniel-Constantin Mierla daniel at voice-system.ro
Sun Nov 5 10:46:30 CET 2006

Hello,

On 11/01/06 21:53, Rodrigo P. Telles wrote:
> Hi Folks,
>
> Today I realised something strange in openser-1.1.0-notls.
> I'm trying to mach any ACKs to do something (e.g. logging) but its doesn't work at all.
>
> I'm using "method" like this:
>
> If (method=="ACK") {
> 	xlog("L_ALERT","ACK received\n");
> };
>
> and I it doesn't work, but...
>
> if (is_method("ACK")) {
> 	xlog("L_ALERT","ACK received\n");
> };
>
> works perfectly!
> I could not find anything about it in archive mail list neither in doc.

is_method() is documented in textops module readme. You can use
is_method() to check the known methods and you can give more method
names as parameters

is_method("INVITE|BYE|CANCEL|ACK")

It is a bit faster since it uses bit operations to check the method
value, while (method=="NAME") is string comparison.